The road to "eternal marriage" has turned out to be a lot longer and bumpier than expected...
still the views aren't all that bad.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Choosing to Step Forward

...in the midst of uncertainty.  That is what faith consists of, isn't it?

No one, except Satan wants me to be discouraged, lose hope, or love myself less; yet there are many who desire my progression. In the end, it is my own decision which path to take.

Reasons why I will never regret falling in love with him:
-To care for and hurt for and love another is never insignificant, no matter how long or short the duration.

-To see the careful hand of the Lord in the details of my life is a concrete, awe inspiring process, that builds faith and trust.

-To be loved by another, even briefly, changes the core of who one is.

-He and God have helped me to recognize my pride, and begin to change the way I look at others.

-He has helped me to learn concrete ways to love another without holding on too tightly, even if that must be learned though heartbreak.

-Pain is a powerful motivator to let go of insecurities replace them with strengths.

-Feeling that I have helped him along his path to where God desires him to be.

-Knowing that, at least, he will be a real friend.

-The assurance that if I will allow Him, God desires to lead me one step closer.

-To have discovered part of myself I am able to change, traits that otherwise I stubbornly would have labeled "just how I am".

-A precious glimpse of what it might feel like to be a part of an eternal family of my own... Happy moments do not have to be diminished because of future sorrow.

-Perhaps it is only though pain that the refining of my heart can accomplished.

-His encouragement of my writing and desire to teach, setting me on a path to further develop my talents that I might have otherwise just put away.

-Knowing that I chose faith over fear, even when it was difficult, and especially when so many times in the past, I hadn't been able to do so.

-Learning how to listen to, try to meet, and put first another person's needs.

-Learning to be grateful for what I have been given and experienced, instead of dwelling on what might be taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment