The road to "eternal marriage" has turned out to be a lot longer and bumpier than expected...
still the views aren't all that bad.

Friday, October 22, 2010

empty

Somehow, I think it's possible to feel more lonely in someone else's arms, than by myself.

As much as I crave to be held, touch without commitment and care, is just touch. It doesn't reach into the the deep emotions and affection that is part of a meaningful relationship. It doesn't even begin to have the capacity to sooth the heart nor help it heal.

Sharing casual, fleeting affection is only a meager taste of security and love; it leaves only a bitter aftertaste of false pretenses, accompanied by an even greater emptiness than before.

1 comment:

  1. Deavany, I love your blogs. I'm sorry you feel empty. My heart hurts with you.
    We saw your pic on "I'm a mormon" and got all excited. JD and the boys especially, "Dad's cousin's a mormon like us!"
    I'm glad you'll be home for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete