The road to "eternal marriage" has turned out to be a lot longer and bumpier than expected...
still the views aren't all that bad.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Content

See that face? That's me happy and content...on New Years Eve. It was a miracle. And this year I even had a Valentine. (Perhaps an even larger miracle... though it turns out the holiday isn't as good when your Valentine is 300 miles away...but better than no Valentine at all).

Something about being with him is just so right and so good...and something I might be considering making more permanent. Eventually. On the sooner side of eventually, if possible.

But I'd like to also note that the vagueness the above statements above are intentional. Because if there's one thing I've learned, it's that I'm less in control of these sort of things that I'd like to be. And if I'm willing to just head in the direction of my dreams and listen to my heart, and then let them sort themselves out, it's much easier than trying to wrangle them into the exact time and place I think they should be. And since that usually involves waiting and working and adjusting and wondering and praying and waiting some more, it's nearly impossible to calculate the exact amounts involved... and to try to do so prematurely is not something I'd recommend.

Still, I would recommend persistence in trying to find someone to enjoy New Years Eve with, even if it takes a lot of duds before you actually accomplish this feat. Because when it finally comes around, and you find yourself quietly and simply content with him on that night, it's all the sweeter. It's even better when he sticks around past Valentine's.


2 comments: