Some people just fall into marriage, while others of us have to work
for it. It's unfair. But we can keep working at it until it happens.
-quote from high councilor at church today (who apparently got married when he and his wife were both 28)
This idea resonated with me today. My brother is
getting married on friday. He's so in love. She's so in love. They're
extremely happy and young and in love. So I'm happy for him. Plus she's a
nice girl and will put up with him. It's really good for them. Still part of me is a little (some undefined emotion) at the fact that it all happened so easily and quickly for them (My
little brother has had like 1 or 2 girlfriends in his whole life, and
little taste of what it feels like to get your heart good and broken,
though maybe more of that than I'm aware.) Well, the high councilor
today put that "undefined emotion" into words. It seems unfair. Well,
today that's just fine with me. It's unfair. Life's unfair. I have to
work harder than they did to find a eternal love. Let's just establish
that fact and then move on. Cause that's just how it is, how it's
supposed to be, and what the plan is. I'm okay with that. I'm more than
okay with that. I'm happy with it ... and sincerely happy for them.
Thanks high councilor guy.
Agreed.
ReplyDelete