The road to "eternal marriage" has turned out to be a lot longer and bumpier than expected...
still the views aren't all that bad.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Advice from Kristen Oaks


Do not waste one minute worrying and despairing over what you do not have.

If you cannot bear the challenges and difficulties of single life, you will never be able to bear the challenges and difficulties of married life.

I testify from hard-earned experience that the Lord is always preparing us for greater happiness and blessings. We need only to try our best and trust in Him with all of our heart.

Relish every moment; don't wait for life to happen.

Remember you're a celestial person having a telestial experience. Sometimes our emotions (including loneliness) are just reminders of that.

Allow the Lord to be the architect for your life plan.

Advance confidently in the direction of your dreams. Sometimes we need to write a new dream. 

Righteous desires may need to be realigned into a new timeline.

Choose to be grateful- you'll be content.


I find myself reminding myself of these truths over and over again. They have changed my perspective immensely and I find myself so much more at peace as I believe and live them.

No comments:

Post a Comment