Sometimes good people disappoint you. Sometimes you disappoint yourself.
Sometimes in dating you find yourself hurt and frustrated and let down again and again and again.
As much as a part of me wants to count up every hurt and unfairness, and add it to the list of past heartaches...
it's much better for my soul to just let it go. To just forgive and move on. To realize I've hurt my fair share of hearts, and made a good deal of my own mistakes... and to not hold it against others when they do the same-- even when it's my battered heart that takes another hit, and my prideful self that must be humbled.
As little control as I have over others' actions... the way they treat me, love me, or hurt me...the way I choose to react is my own. And somehow, in all of this, I am going to learn how to act and react and love and let go in ways that are true to myself and God.
Then, at least, I will not be disappointed in myself... and eventually ready for someone whom I will not ever need to let go.
No comments:
Post a Comment