The road to "eternal marriage" has turned out to be a lot longer and bumpier than expected...
still the views aren't all that bad.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Letter to V-day

Dear Valentine's Day,
You have a horrible sense of timing. I realize you have good intentions, but I think you need to figure out a new game plan...Like letting me pick the day you come, day of, when I feel more confident about my odds of getting flowers. Somehow you always seem to come on days that I really don't need extra reminders of recently damaged relationships.

However, considering how heartbreaking you felt last year, I'll take this year's disappointing gloominess over that. In fact this afternoon I plan on soaking in lots of sunshine, and maybe even feeling happy with any romantic motivation, just to spite you. Let's just agree that at some point in time, you'll fix this timing issue. Maybe then we can be friends.

Sincerely,
Devany


No comments:

Post a Comment