Sometimes I am so discouraged with who I am now and what I am surrounded by, but I know there is some one greater I am meant to become. She is somewhere far and beyond all of this.
-Journal Aug 2005
Sometimes when I'm stuck in traffic, I'm reminded of those moments when I've looked ahead to a point in the road that, at the rate I'm going, seems so far away. And then I think to myself—if you just wait long enough, time will pass far enough that not only will you have passed that point, but it will only be a distant memory. I've done that experiment enough times to know that it always happens... eventually you make it to that point and then just continue to move forward.
It felt that way the night before my mission, knowing there was a great adventure ahead of me, but unable to see what that point in the distance would be like. I imagined how it would feel to one day be looking back at the mission I had served. And now, I'm at the point in life, when I've been home longer than the 18 months I've served. It's all just distant memory.
It's exciting to know that are many more moments like that ahead. Someday there will be someone to fall asleep and wake up beside. Someday I will be putting my little girl's brown hair in pony tails on her first day of school. Someday I will sit in the temple with husband and my children beside me, and realize that it wasn't all just daydreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment